About Me

Sok Sobi. I enjoy taking pictures of people and places, particular interest in Landscape, People and Travel photography. Pictures and stories that bring Social Awareness and the potential for long term social change or policy are important to me. I use Canon Digital Cameras (EOS 2,4 plus ,Fuji X Pro 1,2 XT2,3 Xe1,2) with a selection of Canon lenses, the 24-105 IS f4L being my favourite at present. I use Lightroom & Photoshop Elements to edit my work. Canon equipment and lenses give me just what I need, reliability and high IQ. I am now living and working in Cambodia, South East Asia, using Phnom Penh as a base to explore the region. I publish stories that are important to me on my blog but always try to give a balanced picture.

Friday 11 June 2010

Friends from America

The kids wait patiently for the visit from friends from America Mr. Franklin Lee and Mr Chhay Hour who have travelled all the way from Atlanta, Georgia, USA to visit and give gifts of food, rice and money to the children of PIO.












Mr.Lee and Mr Hour have visited PIO on several occassions and made generous donations. They are both successful Cambodian nationals who are now living and working in the USA, but they have obviously not forgotten their roots in Cambodia.













Mr.Lee and Mr.Hour are seen here distributing Num Pang and Coka Cola to the kids for lunch. The kids loved it.
Mr.Hour is the Chairman of CACD and Mr.Lee is a board member. This organization now supports 13 free schools throughout Cambodia that compliment rather than compete with the state run schools and give students extra opportunities to learn the English language using phoenetic tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment