About Me

Sok Sobi. I enjoy taking pictures of people and places, particular interest in Landscape, People and Travel photography. Pictures and stories that bring Social Awareness and the potential for long term social change or policy are important to me. I use Canon Digital Cameras (EOS 2,4 plus ,Fuji X Pro 1,2 XT2,3 Xe1,2) with a selection of Canon lenses, the 24-105 IS f4L being my favourite at present. I use Lightroom & Photoshop Elements to edit my work. Canon equipment and lenses give me just what I need, reliability and high IQ. I am now living and working in Cambodia, South East Asia, using Phnom Penh as a base to explore the region. I publish stories that are important to me on my blog but always try to give a balanced picture.

Wednesday 24 March 2010

My Blog


I have opened this blog to exhibit recent examples of my work. My photography is changing and hopefully developing to suit the place and life I am now leading.

I have been living and working in South East Asia for the past 6 month, Phnom Penh, Cambodia being me base of operations.
I would like to welcome all those who take the time to visit my blog and I hope you enjoy the selection of my work.

I have become very interested in the use of photography as a social motivator, hi-lighting social injustice, reviewing the good happenings and keeping up with the bad.

The images you see here are from a recent visit to the school at the Phnom Penh, Municipal Garbage Dump, now closed, but the school remains for the children of the scavenger people who used to work on the dump. It was established by Phymean Noun, a Khmer woman with a need to help these kids. The organisation she established, PEOPLE IMPROVEMENT ORGANIZATION, now educates and cares for 600 hundred children in three different schools and a recently established orphanage for kids from the dump who's parent have died or have been abandoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment