About Me

Sok Sobi. I enjoy taking pictures of people and places, particular interest in Landscape, People and Travel photography. Pictures and stories that bring Social Awareness and the potential for long term social change or policy are important to me. I use Canon Digital Cameras (EOS 2,4 plus ,Fuji X Pro 1,2 XT2,3 Xe1,2) with a selection of Canon lenses, the 24-105 IS f4L being my favourite at present. I use Lightroom & Photoshop Elements to edit my work. Canon equipment and lenses give me just what I need, reliability and high IQ. I am now living and working in Cambodia, South East Asia, using Phnom Penh as a base to explore the region. I publish stories that are important to me on my blog but always try to give a balanced picture.

Wednesday 24 March 2010

After 35 years

I have manged to realise a dream I had since I was a young man. To live and work in Asia and also to become a photojournalist of sorts. I have always had an interest in photography and been in awe of the picture great photojournalist like Dorothea Lange, Don McCullin  and Robert Kapa and many others. Not Paparatzi but true Photojournalist by definition of their work.

People and their stories, their way of life, the hardships the good times and the bad. There are many such stories I wish to tell.


Stories like the ones told in the picture here about kids struggling to get an education, work for their families and be children also, what a balancing act they perform. They only are able to manage this with the help of agencies such as PIO People Improvement Organization.

There are a number of other NGO's that work primarily with children that I hope to visit very soon but PIO has welcome me with open arms and I will first be documenting there story and there work.

These kids so want to succeed, they are happy kids but have very difficult lives coming from extremely poor families in one of the toughest districts of Phnom Penh. Their families fight poverty every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment